Trainee Accountant Graduate – Immediate Start - Manchester
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
This is to be part of a dynamic and evolving specialist healthcare accounts team that provides an outstanding quality of service to clients. The role includes year end accounting work for sole traders and partnerships together with Partnership and Personal tax work.
The Healthcare team offers great opportunities to liaise directly with clients, and to be part of a rapidly expanding team.
The role of an accountant is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of clients’ financial data and provision of advice. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on a quarterly basis and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
During your first year you will:
• Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to maintain clients’ financial data.;
• Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients’ business;
• Assist with preparation of partnership and personal tax computations and returns;
• Assist with preparation of year-end accounts including both partnership and sole trader accounts; and
• Co-ordinate with financial statements, tax, payroll and audit hubs to deliver client information as a whole.
During your second year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
• Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
• Have confident technical accounting knowledge which you can apply to more complex clients.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.2 or above in any degree discipline
• Studied A-Levels, Highers, AAT or equivalent
• B in Maths or English Language GCSE
We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
CULTURE & REWARD
Bespoke Benefits that work for you
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :trainee accountant graduate immediate manchester scheme mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, Milton Keynes
10The Local Government Finance Graduate Programme
South West, Bristol, Plymouth
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE