Trainee Accountant Graduate (Business Advisory)
Overview of the Service Line
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
The role of an Associate Client Advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements and tax compliance for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience. As a trainee, your time would usually be split between working in the office and studying for your professional exams. ? However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial statements for clients’ year end requirements;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients’ business;
- Co-ordinate with tax, payroll and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole; and IXBRL tagging.
During your second year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of year end financials; and
- Carry out the tax computation for simpler clients.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- 112 UCAS points or above
- B in English Language & Maths
We will fund your study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :trainee accountant graduate business advisory scheme glasgow leeds sutton mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
BDO Advisory Graduate Programme (North West and Yorkshire)
North West, Yorkshire, Leeds, Manchester
BDO BS&O Graduate Programme (Glasgow)
Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services)
South East, London, Yorkshire, Leeds, Milton Keynes
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
Audit Intensive Graduate Programme - Leeds, Yorkshire - KPMG 2021
4Michael Page International Recruitment Ltd