|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales Glasgow designs a range of state-of-the-art optronics solutions for the some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms in the world.
We’re seeking talented undergraduate Software Engineers, who can apply their degree knowledge and skills in an innovative software engineering role. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we are now looking for like-minded undergraduate engineers to join us for a summer internship.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• This position would suit a talented undergraduate software engineer with experience in one of, or a mixture of the following:
• Implementation of innovative design solutions
• Strong base of Software Engineering skills
• Experience of using Programming languages (C++/Java/Python)
• Familiar with UML notation and Object Orientated Design
• Familiar with Real Time Operating System concepts
• Awareness of Software Lifecycle including specification and test
• Strong organisational and people skills
• Some Electronics knowledge is desirable
Minimum educational requirements
You will currently be undertaking a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject with a strong software bias.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP