|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Reading|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales UK Land & Air Systems provides products and services for ground, naval and airborne applications. This particular role relates to the management of complex systems that have significant electronic, software, mechanical and optical content. You will work in a group whose role is to provide the necessary systems engineering expertise to develop products from creation through to qualification. The role will involve a variety of systems engineering tasks whilst working within time and cost restraints.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• We develop advanced complex products/systems that comprise numerous interacting sub-assemblies and components.
• Systems engineering is the discipline that defines and captures the requirements, leads the development of the concept, identifies the elements (sub-systems and components) that need to be developed and how those elements will be integrated and tested to ensure that the final system provides the required function.
• The Systems Engineering Group’s primary purpose is to provide the necessary Systems Engineering and Sensors expertise to develop products from requirements capture, concept development, component (sub-assembly definition), design, make and qualification.
• Working in close co-operation with other discipline groups, the Systems Engineering Group is involved in the complete life cycle of Electronics products.
• Working under the supervision and direction of a seents and developing the system concept
• System performance calculations,nior Systems engineer, key requirements and tasks are:-Interaction with the customer, agreeing requirem modelling and studies
• Generating the system architectural design, identifying and specifying the constituent components and functions
• Defining how the components/functions will be integrated and tested
• Proving of the overall system. Including participation in trials (possibly including flight trials).
• Assisting in the preparation of project estimates and programmes, supporting reviews as necessary
• Planning work within the cost and time constraints of agreed work packages.
• Analytical approach and an interest and ability to solve complex problems.
• Knowledge of a software language (e.g. C++)
• or mathematical modelling software (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink or MathCAD) desirable
• Knowledge of UML/SysML desirable.
• Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Good communication ability through verbal and written reports and correspondence.
• Minimum Educational Requirements
• On a Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Science Degree Course
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP