|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Crawley|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The ISR business is a world leader in Radar Electronics, Electronic Detection & Countermeasures and Integrated Surveillance Targeting & Reconnaissance (ISTAR) systems (including Unmanned Air Vehicles). As a Systems Intern you will be working in a large community of Systems Engineers (as well as Software and Hardware Engineers), with a wide variety of experience, offering excellent opportunities for transverse career development. A Systems Engineer is expected to support state-of-the art electronic hardware and firmware development, mechanical assemblies, software development and networked computing systems.
Assessment centre dates: 14 November – 12 December across multiple locations
• Initial capture & management of the System/Subsystem Requirements
• Creation of Functional and Physical System Architectures (Inc. Modelling or prototyping)
• Preparation of Specifications, Interface Control Documentation for elements of the design
• Preparation of System/Subsystem Test and Integration Specifications
• Integration, Qualification & Trials of equipment and systems into platforms
• Contributing to Safety and Airworthiness Certification of products
• Liaison with Customers, equipment suppliers & subcontractors associated with a programme
• Use and development/improvement of state-of-the-art Systems Engineering tools & methodology.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Enthusiastic about modern defence technologies
• An ability to manage your own career
• Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems tailored appropriately for the audience
• Work efficiently, in a team (non-technical and technical), with customers and suppliers
• General understanding of what a System comprises and knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycles
• Ability to work with combinations of technologies to integrate them in a logical and structured way into a system to fully satisfy a Customers requirement
• Awareness of Requirements Capture, Analysis and modelling/simulation tools
• Awareness of specialist engineering such as Environmental , Electromagnetic Compatibility & Safety
• Cost and Schedule planning Awareness.
You will be studying for a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience. You’ll have degree modules or have equivalent study, training or experience in some of the following key technologies;
• Engineering Mathematics and Mathematical Modelling / Tools
• Electronic Circuit and Firmware development
• Electromagnetic Wave Propagation (RF and Microwave)
• Software Languages, programming tools and techniques
• Digital and Analogue signal processing
• RADAR/Electronic Support Measure (RESM) systems
• Industry-standard interfaces and network communications protocols (for example: IEEE 1394, USB, Ethernet, Open Systems Interconnection, TCP/IP)
• Mechanics and Material Properties
• Systems Engineering Standards, Concept, Method and Architecture.
UK mobility may be required whilst on the programme.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
£20,000 to £28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Gloucester, Central London 18-Jun-2018
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
£24,000 (per annum) London ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP
£23,000 to £35,000 OTE plus benefits International (Europe), International Ongoing