|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Templecombe|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Within the Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) domain at Thales UK the Systems Integration Test and Support (SIT&S) organisation play a key role in supporting the development, design proving, installation, integration and acceptance activities associated with maritime sensor technologies and combat system integration on Royal Naval ships, submarines and aircraft. Building on 50 years of experience in undersea warfare, Thales is now a global leader in underwater systems and the world’s top exporter of sonars and related systems for naval forces. This is a 12 month placement opportunity.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• Platform Installation – support to the introduction into service of MMS systems through the liaison and provision of guidance to installation authorities
• Sub-System & System IVVQ – support the Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification activities required to introduce MMS system solutions into service
• Integration & Development Trials – support the definition and execution of development and integration de-risking trials in support of MMS programs and the introduction of new technologies
• Platform Support – as required support to Setting to Work (STW), Naval Weapon Harbour Trials (NWHT) Harbour Acceptance Trials (HAT) and Sea Acceptance Trials (SAT), Defect Rectification and Maintenance activities on board platforms.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You'll be studying for a degree in a relevant engineering discipline i.e. electronic engineering, computer science, systems engineering etc.
• A passion for Integration, Validation, Verification & Qualification (IVVQ)
• A desire to learn about the Systems Engineering Lifecycle
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work as a key member of the team
• A desire to take responsibility for your professional development.
Please note that Graduate Development Programme (GDP) activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme GDP activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP