|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Crawley|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Working out of our super site in Crawley, West Sussex, this role sits within our Thales Training and Simulation business that provides cutting edge, market leading simulation technologies that help train professionals.
Thales has a requirement for a number of C and C++ programmers to interface and model simulation software in a competitive, dynamic and forward thinking AGILE software environment. You will use a wide variety of commercial of the shelf (COTS) technologies (JIRA, Git, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins) as well as a suite of tools to support application development (VS, Eclipse, Python, SonarQube).
As a Software engineer within the Product Engineering Simulation group you will be encouraged to take on responsibility, show your potential and be multi-skilled to cover a combination of the following components and building blocks:
• Performance Systems
• Platform Systems
• Instructors Facilities
• Natural and Synthetic Environments
• Mission Systems
The successful candidate would work across a variety of programmes, including the opportunity to work on significant R&D programmes. This is a 12 month placement opportunity.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• Responsible for the ultimate design of the component/building block
• Deployment of the component/building block into the larger system or Project
• Contribute to or lead status component/building block or project reviews
• Present the subsystem for Verification, Validation and Qualification internally and externally.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You'll be studying for a degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. software engineering, computer science etc.)
• Knowledge of the Agile development methodology
• A good general understanding of programming and scripting (e.g. C, C++, C#, python or Java)
• A good general understanding of OOD and modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
• A good general understanding of testing techniques (e.g. unit, acceptance and integration)
• Be able to solve problems in a structured and reasoned manner
• An innovator who will actively pursue opportunities to develop new skills and extend expertise.
You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK during your internship.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP
£28,000 with OTE of £34,000 plus benefits plus Bonus The East, Cambridge 6-Sep-2018
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP