|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Science & Technology|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales Glasgow designs a range of state-of-the-art optronics solutions for the some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms in the world.
We’re seeking talented undergraduate Electronic Engineers, who can apply their degree knowledge and skills in an innovative engineering role. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we are now looking for like-minded undergraduate engineers to join us for a 12 month internship.
This is a great opportunity to work on state of the art defence equipment for the MoD and a wide range of customers around the world. This position will challenge your skills and you will have the flexibility to mould the role to suit your strengths and career development interests.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• The exact responsibilities of the role will be determined by the engineering team activities at the time, with a view to adapting to suit the interests of the candidate.
The position would suit a talented undergraduate engineer with an
interest in one or more of the following:
• Electronics design (circuit simulation, block diagrams, schematic capture, etc)
• Electronics lab work (soldering, cable assembly, prototype build, etc)
• Hardware development languages (VHDL, Verilog, etc)
• FPGA architectures: Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi, Lattice
• Firmware verification
• Image processing techniques and algorithms
• One or more of the following skills would be of benefit:
• Strong organisational and time-management skills
• Strong analytical reasoning skills
• Experience of implementing innovative design solutions
• Engineering and industrial commercial awareness
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
Minimum educational requirements
• You will currently be undertaking an undergraduate degree in a scientific or engineering subject with an interest in electronics or firmware.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£25,000 plus generous pension Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP