|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Nationwide, Reading|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Science & Technology, Research & Analysis|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales UK is seeking a Graduate Cyber Security Analyst for its UK operation based in Green Park, Reading. In this role, you will join an established team providing full-scope Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) support to Thales UK and its customers. The Cyber Security Analyst will have excellent working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and demonstrable experience of monitoring Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems and managing associated incident response processes. This role will suit a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate an above average analytical skill set and knowledge of current and evolving Cyber threats and strategies for detection and mitigation.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• Become an expert user of the big data tool Splunk as the core SIEM by implementing the security detection strategy to detect the most sophisticated threats that Thales faces. Thinking beyond a traditional SIEM and using big data techniques to continually improve and enhance the SIEM beyond security event detection.
• Working with architects and infrastructure teams, ensuring that security and monitoring requirements are determined and implemented throughout both enterprise and non-enterprise networks, including project work, to ensure that data is available for monitoring to the appropriate levels, e.g. cyber essentials.
• Continually monitoring the myriad of security devices across the estate, e.g. IDSes, EPO, sandboxes etc. to ensure that they are all operating the desired security configuration, and recommending and implementing improvements when necessary.
• Become experienced at incident response, by performing forensics and incident response to get to the root cause of security incidents by utilising enterprise IR toolsets.
• Becoming a champion for security throughout the organisation, but working with other teams to ensure best practice is implemented throughout. Attendance at various forums such as architecture review boards and technical forums to ensure that security’s voice is heard.
• Maintain an understanding of current and emerging threats and vulnerabilities landscape. Using intelligence platforms to visualise and manage those threats, reporting on when threats need action and provide contextual information upwards on those threats.
• Ability to understand business issues and context, with the ability to dive deeply into technology issues, integrate business information and understand the critical role of securing the information system in the organisation.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Technical oriented degree with an interest in data analytics
• Some experience with various security toolset
• Data analysis experience and skills, particularly in big data platforms.
• Ability to work with other teams, and manages self and continually strives to improve.
• UK mobility may be required whilst on your graduate programme.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018
No less than £18,000 plus benefits Nottingham, East Midlands 1-Sep-2018
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
Competitive South East, North West, Manchester, Reading ASAP