|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Templecombe|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The Systems Engineering team at Templecombe carry out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Minewarfare Sonar, Command and Control, and Combat systems plus support for all in service Sonar systems. We are looking for someone with a willingness to learn and develop individual skills, who is innovative, reliable and a team player.
Assessment centre dates: 14 November – 12 December across multiple locations
• System definition activities – requirements definition, functional and physical definitions
• Preparation of infeed to system level design reviews
• Monitoring of emerging detailed design within various implementation teams – acoustic, hardware, mechanical, software etc
• IVVQ planning and execution, including platform trials from time-to-time
• Preparation for requirements sell-off and contract acceptance with customer
• Analysis of system performance
• Alignment of Product vs Project.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• A degree in an engineering or relevant scientific discipline, i.e. Systems, software, hardware, electronics, mechanical etc. or a Higher level Degree/Doctorate, or equivalent
• Relevant experience gained through academic or work-place activities, e.g. modelling, project work, analysis, etc
• Knowledge of acoustic design and/or performance in underwater environment
• MatLab, or equivalent, experience
• Understanding of signal processing and network design
• Willingness to develop systems engineering skills
• Strong analytical abilities with a methodical approach
• DOORS practioner
• System modelling skills
• Willingness to work offsite, including on target platforms in dockyards or at sea.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
£26,500 plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Up to £25,000 depending on experience West Midlands ASAP
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP