|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Nationwide, Crawley|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales UK Sales Function is responsible for winning new business for all of Thales UK Businesses. In the past 3 years the team has won over £3.5 Billion of New Business. This includes a number of significant Domestic and Export Contracts, for example we have sold over £200M worth of missiles to the Far East and we won major contracts with London Underground to re-signal 40% of the Underground.
The Thales Sales Graduate role is a very exciting, challenging and high profile role. It includes a mix of customer fronting Sales and Business Development activity for both Domestic and Export Sales as well as some back office Sales support activity. This will be in the form of rotational placements. The role will involve overseas travel.
During the past 3 years Thales has significantly invested in the Sales function and we are looking for the very best individuals to join our function. We are particularly looking for people who have an appetite for travel, are very ambitious and driven, who like to win and make decisions, and people who are tenacious and like challenge.
Location:This role is rotational across locations and business units
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• Supporting front line Sales – Domestic and Export
• Responsible for growing a pipeline of opportunities (Business Development)
• Sales Operations and Support – Forecasting, analysing, reporting and co-ordinating bid and peer reviews both Domestic and Export
• Participating in major shows e.g. Farnborough / Paris Air Show. DESI etc
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Degree level
• An ability to work well within teams, but also self-motivated and prepared to take the initiative.
• Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to focus attention to contractual detail and provide a robust audit trail.
• Strong planning and time management skills.
• A natural ability to develop relationships with others, communicate and influence effectively with different stakeholders.
• Can demonstrate good general IT skills, with a good level of experience and knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point etc.
• Must have well-established communication skills (aural, verbal, presentational, perceptual and written).
• Sharp intellect, with determined proactive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude, particularly in the face of different business approaches.
• A strong appetite for travelling.
• The role will require the candidate to be Security Cleared
UK mobility will be required whilst on your graduate programme.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. This vacancyrequires full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£18.5k – £22k + uncapped commission plus OTE South East, Kingston upon Thames, London, Central London, North West, Leeds, Yorkshire, Manchester, Reading ASAP
£20,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus OTE plus Bonus London, Kings Cross ASAP
£18.5k to £22k + uncapped commission & benefits Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
£19000 to £20000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme Scotland ASAP