|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Manufacturing and Production|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
Thales Glasgow designs a range of state-of-the-art optronics solutions for the some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms in the world.
We’re seeking talented graduate Mechanical Engineers, who can apply their degree knowledge and skills in an innovative mechanical engineering role. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we are now looking for like-minded graduate engineers to join us.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• This position would suit a talented degree qualified mechanical engineer with experience in one of, or a mixture of the following:
• Implementation of innovative design solutions
• Strong base of mechanical design validation via calculation and FEA
• Strong evidence of analytical reasoning
• Familiar with modern manufacturing techniques and engineering materials
• Experience of complex component and assembly design
• Optical or laser theory
• Strong organisational and people skills
• 3D CAD experience desired, but training will be provided
As a graduate engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design of products that comply with regulatory safety and environmental standards: EMC, RoHS, Reach, Low Voltage, CE, Weee and relevant Safety Directives.
Minimum educational requirements
• You will have a Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject with a strong mechanical bias.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire ASAP
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Wales, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various