|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Crawley|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Manufacturing and Production|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
As a Mechanical Engineering graduate, you’ll enable our Armed Forces to make the world a safer and more secure place by ensuring that every serviceman and woman has the best and most advanced equipment to defend themselves, protect others and succeed in their mission to secure borders, keep sea lanes open and make freedom a reality.
We in Hardware Engineering provide bespoke innovative solutions relying on key enabling technologies to meet the challenges of the product portfolios of the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain specialities of:
• Manned and unmanned ISR Systems including both the Air and Ground
• Airborne maritime patrol and surveillance systems including Command & Control (C2), radar and associated electronic warfare sub-systems
• Surveillance sensors including Electronic Surveillance Measures (ESM), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and Airborne Surveillance Radars
• Customer support and related services
You’ll work in a community of Mechanical Engineers with a wide variety of experience. This offers excellent opportunities for transverse career development. You’ll work closely within project teams using leading edge technologies & techniques to develop tailored mechanical solutions, offering experience over a number of different equipments, encompassing everything from product development through to larger scale platform integrations.
Assessment centre dates: 14 November – 12 December across multiple locations
• As well as undertaking a challenging Graduate Development Programme (GDP) involving a mixture of courses and on the job training, you’ll perform a real job from Day 1, as part of a team covering a variety of tasks - from working on mechanical solutions for state of the art mechanical components, sub-systems & equipment, to building prototype hardware and carrying out testing & proving of designs. You’ll
• Assist in the development of basic mechanical designs within mechanical engineering
• Develop new skills / techniques & technologies relevant to the mechanical discipline
• Perform Simulation and analysis
• Witness and adopt how hardware designs are developed, documented, tested, controlled and maintained.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You’ll be studying for a degree in Mechanical engineering, i.e. MEng or equivalent, 2.2 or higher
• Familiar with the engineering development process with an understanding of key mechanical skills e.g. Thermal Analysis, Dynamics, Stress Analysis, Materials etc.
• Able to apply knowledge in a practical manner
• Have good verbal & written communication skills & be able to liaise effectively with people at all levels across the company
• Have strong time management skills and be able to recognise the need to work to agreed budgets and timescales
• Enjoy problem solving & be prepared to challenge assumptions and deliver alternative solutions or approaches
• Experience of using mathematical analysis / modelling packages.
• Experience of using Pro-Engineer / CREO, Pro-Mechanica / CREO Simulate, Flotherm., Mathcad or equivalent is desirable
• Experience of Industrial placements or other experience of a design environment
• Workplace experience.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
Competitive depending on experience North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Manchester, Republic of Ireland Various
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018