|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Legal & Law, Management|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The Legal and Contract team ensures the commercial integrity of all the commitments we make as a company. The team also makes sure that everything we do complies with our legal, ethical and contractual responsibilities. This means overseeing contractual affairs at every stage, from bidding and negotiation to project delivery and contract closure.
The two-year Legal and Contracts Graduate Programme will give you significant experience of bid preparation, contract negotiation and post-award contract management across four challenging work placements.
Location: UK rotations
Assessment centre date: 14 November – 12 December across multiple locations
• Evaluating and advising on commercial risk in bids and recommending mitigation strategies
• Preparation of costing and pricing models and presentations
• Interpreting contractual documents and amendments to existing and potential contracts
• Advising on potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes arising with customers, suppliers, or third parties and working within multi-functional teams to reduce company risk and exposure
• Contributing to the successful delivery of Contracts by managing the commercial aspects of the delivery to the Customer as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ensure appropriate export licences are in place, including liaising with Supply Chain to understand the export classification of goods
• Taking on commercial reviews of proposal documents and reviewing customer/third party terms and conditions.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You’ll be studying, or have recently completed a degree, in law or a business related subject, however we welcome graduates in any discipline who demonstrate the right credentials
• You’ll be a team player with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• You’ll have excellent attention to detail, along with the ability to effectively summarise (oral and written)
• You should be commercially aware and able to bring a professional attitude to colleagues and customers alike
• You should be comfortable trying new things.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
competitive plus benefits Nationwide ASAP
Salary £23,000 + 10% Bonus + Company Vehicle London, Nationwide ASAP
£Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, null, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Scotland, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP