|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Arts & Design, Engineering, Computing & IT|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The Thales Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) Human Factors team is a dynamic, agile, delivery focused team. We provide valuable input into project delivery, product development, innovative research, training and business change. These activities are focus on Thales’ Transport products that provide command and control systems to much of the UK, Europe and Asia’s transport infrastructure. The team support projects in the UK but also all over the world to wherever Thales delivers.
As a member of the team you can expect to work on complex systems projects to London Underground. In addition, you will support the development of product lines and add value to our on-going portfolio of research projects.
We are looking for somebody who compliments and enhances the skillset
of the current team by bringing an interest in:
• Human Factors within complex systems
• Assessment of Human Error in transport industries
• User interface development and the use of rapid prototypes
• Psychology and the impact of social science on use of complex systems.
• The impact of automation within system design and use in an operational environment
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• You’ll be studying for a degree in a relevant discipline: Ergonomics, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design or System Engineering
• An interest in user centred design
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to think and problem solve creatively
• The ability to ‘own a problem’ and follow through with a solution
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Competitive depending on experience North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Manchester, Republic of Ireland Various
£26,500 plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
£11,675 + Accommodation plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018