|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Arts & Design, Engineering, Computing & IT|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
You’ll provide Networking and Communication skills for the project as part of the Hardware Networks and Radio capability.
Assessment centre dates: 13 November – 14 December across multiple locations
• Part of a team of Network and Radio team working on various projects. Supporting the design and overall Networking & Comms solution covering process, practices and tools.
• Supporting the design and documentation using agreed standards and tools
• Participate in design reviews as appropriate
• Contribute to the Network & Radio asset siting, definition, specification and assurance elements of the solution on time and to the standards expected by the team/function
• Use and apply the Hardware Engineering processes, methodologies and tools as required
• Develop the necessary skills and experience through training, mentoring and the e-HR processes
• Observe appropriate quality, safety and environmental procedures, practices and work instructions at all times
• Assist the Work Package Manager to produce quality metrics to measure the soundness of the Signalling processes.
Contributes to the Network & Radio engineering activities required to
interface to the signalling solution. These activities encompass:
• Design development
• Feasibility studies
• Option selection
• Roof of Concept
• Support in the integration and verification phases
• Contribute to the release process
• Configuration Management of the Comms elements
• Contribute to the change management of the signalling solution.
Some travel to client sites and occasionally other Thales UK sites may be required. Therefore,flexibility to travel and work at other locations is essential.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Some experience of team working
• Good understanding of current physics, computer science, electrical electronic technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers
• Self motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative
• Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
• Knowledge of STEM subjects like Physics, Computing, Maths and general science.
UK mobility may be required whilst on your graduate programme.
Please note that GDP activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in Graduate Development Programme activities.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
competitive plus benefits London ASAP