Thailand TEFL Taster
Join our Thailand TEFL Taster
Your no-fuss route to teaching in Thailand
Get a taste of life in Thailand and kick-start your post-uni career in the most exciting way possible with our 5-month Thailand TEFL Taster.
Lush green rice paddies, mystical mountains and laid-back, endlessly positive vibes — Thailand is an adventurous graduate’s dream. It might be best known for its insane nightlife and beautiful beaches, but venture a little further, and you’ll discover there’s so much more to the Land of Smiles.
On this 5-month teaching adventure, you’ll experience it all. You’ll get a taste of true Thai culture, gain the skills and confidence to launch your TEFL journey and turn your desire to see the world into a well-paid reality. And you’ll do it all with people just like you.
This is the opportunity for you if...
- You’re in (or have just graduated from) your final year of uni and have no idea what comes next — you’re ready for a new challenge, just not the grad job kind.
- You dream of exploring the world and earning money but have no idea how to make it happen.
- You’re bang up for travelling solo… but would love to have the support of people who know their stuff and fellow grads to share the experience with.
- You’d love to teach abroad and experience the ‘real’ Thailand, but you’re not ready to commit to an entire year.
Is that you? Sweet. We’ve got you.
Our overseas partners can only accept applicants from the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia & NewZealand. Please only continue with your application if this is the case.
A bit about us...
Since 2014, we’ve been connecting globally-minded grads with exciting alternatives to the traditional ‘grad job’ we’re all bored of hearing about. After starting our own careers abroad, we discovered the world has so much more to offer than life at home — and we’re all about helping you see and experience it.
We’ve designed our services to create a safe, supported way to catapult yourself into the unknown.
It’s not as scary as it sounds with us in your pocket: we’re here to guide, support and advise you every step of the way, so you can be sure you’re making a great decision.
“I can’t really describe how much Travel Grad helped me to get here because there are so many documents to fill out to come out here and work. I was overwhelmed with the application process, and it really helped to have Travel Grad to not only find me a school but also to help me process the visa documents etc. I honestly couldn’t recommend Thailand enough. It’s a beautiful country, and there’s so much going on. I’m very happy that I’m here.” — Rose Hand
What does the taster entail?
Lasting one semester (5 months), the Thailand TEFL Taster is the no-fuss route to starting your teaching career or overseas adventure.
Get your journey off the ground quickly and easily with thorough 1:1 guidance and support from a team that knows its stuff.
Find a school you can trust
We’ve done the ‘is this really legit’ checks on all our partners, so you can rest assured you’ll work in a reliable school that’ll look after, pay and support you from start to finish. Rock up to work each day with a smile and enjoy your free time without being weighed down by work drama.
Earn a decent salary
You’ll work Monday to Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm in a kindergarten, primary or high school and earn £650-700 per month. It might not sound like a whole lot, but trust us when we say it's enough to indulge in all the pad Thai and weekend trips you need. Plus, you might even save some Baht. Life in Thailand is MEGA cheap!
Skip the confusion, fast-forward to the fun
The Travel Grad team is here to guide you through all the confusing stuff — from gathering legal docs to applying for your visa. We’ll tell you when, where and how you need to submit what, giving you peace of mind you’ll get it right the first time.
First-time teacher? Great!
A 120-hour online TEFL course will get you up to speed with the need-to-know best practices and classroom management hacks before you leave. You’ll arrive in Thailand with the confidence and energy to go all in and make a positive impact on your students from day one.
Make friends for life from day one
Around 80% of Travel Grads are solo travellers. If that’s you too, know that you’re not alone. You’ll meet the rest of the gang in a WhatsApp group before heading off, so you can chat, link up and arrive in Thailand with a ready-made group of friends to share your journey with.
Experience real Thai culture
Working in a small town in the north of Thailand, you’ll embark on a true Thai adventure — gaining unrivalled cultural knowledge and experiences. Before that, you’ll overcome any last-minute nerves with an immersive induction into local culture, taboos and school life alongside your fellow Travel Grads.
Your New Home: The Isaan Region
Tucked between Laos and Cambodia, Isaan is Thailand’s biggest yet least visited region. Teaching here will give you a rare glimpse into the ‘real’ Thailand. You’ll live alongside indigenous and minority populations who are known for their warmth and positivity, as well as many other like-minded graduates/soon-to-be friends.
Soak up the laid-back lifestyle, explore the magnificent scenery and enjoy the low cost of living the region is known for. Oh, and get this. Isaan is just a short drive or a cheap flight away from Bangkok, giving you a true best-of-both-worlds experience.
When will you go?
You can start your adventure at one of two points during the year if you apply in time. Note that we only have 20 spots available for each intake. And it’s first come, first served.
- Start Date: April/May 2023
- Application Deadline: December 31st 2022
Thailand is an obvious choice for you if...
- You’re a native English speaker who’s keen to make a difference in students’ lives by teaching them to speak your language.
- You’ve got (or will soon have) an undergraduate degree in any subject, and you’re looking for a way to travel and make money.
- You’re up for a new challenge and want to try teaching abroad without committing to a year-long placement.
- You’ve got a clean criminal record and are ready to invest in making your journey happen.
“Travel Grad made a group chat with a group of us who were all coming out to Thailand at the same time, so we were able to arrange to come out together. That eliminated one of the scary factors of coming here because I’d already met people through talking to them. I knew what they were like and that I get on with them, so I knew I wouldn’t be alone.” - Evie Garner
- 120-hour online TEFL course
- Full application process assistance (incl. School application, visa process and related documents)
- Post-arrival induction to help you settle in
- In-country support during your placement
- Whatsapp group chat access to meet your new friends before you even get to Thailand!
Your Travel Grad bonuses
You’ll also get access to two exclusive Travel Grad bonuses so you can hit the ground running:
- Explore the Applicant Portal, where you’ll find tips and travel guides that prepare you for your journey
- Browse our Lesson Plan Library for ready-made lesson plans you can use, adapt or take teaching inspo from
Flexible & Reassuring Payment Structure
Ease the burden on the bank and your mind by splitting the fee across two equal instalments: the second when you sign your employment contract. This is to reassure you that we’ll find you a contract you’re happy with.
After paying your first instalment, you’ll receive the login details to start your 120-hour TEFL. This qualification is then yours for life!
“TravelGrad was fantastic in helping me to overcome both administrative/bureaucratic barriers and the general anxieties of moving to the other side of the world. The service and support they offered was friendlier and more personal than other providers and made the whole process as smooth as could be.” — Cameron
Live your best life in Thailand
Apply today to arrange your interview and become the next grad to enjoy:
- Expert support from a team that’s been in your shoes and knows their stuff
- A placement at a kindergarten, primary or high school you can trust
- Thorough personalised support to answer your questions and put your mind at ease
- A life-changing experience that opens your eyes to the world
- A nerve-busting supported route into travelling, teaching and exploring Thailand with other like-minded graduates
“Travel grad have been amazing and supportive from start to finish, from me doing the TEFL course pre-covid, to securing my placement and landing in Thailand. They provided step by step instructions/guidance regarding any and all issues or questions with the application process, including VISA information, TEFL instructions, Legal docs, placement etc. All applicant documents/deadlines were super organised and we were kept up to date with exactly what had to be submitted when and where.” — Ellen
Since 2014, we have been enabling graduates to live and work around the world, as an exciting alternative to the traditional ‘grad job’ route back home.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :thailand tefl taster travel grad
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
China Teaching Experience
15,000 to 16,500 RMB/month (Approx £1900 to £2000)
Digital Marketing Specialist
English ESL Teacher Abroad
HK$21,500 to 22,000
Global Teacher Recruitment
Generalist Management Graduate
Starting salary £26,500 + company car + fuel card
Constellation Automotive Group
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide