Technology Solutions Graduate Consultant - Mazars Manchester
- competitive + benefits
- North West, Manchester
- Apply by:
- 31st August 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
As a Technology Solutions Junior Consultant within the national team you will be responsible for delivering IT advisory and assurance work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients and sectors in our portfolios across the country include:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
• Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
• Central and Local Government
• Retail and Consumer products organisations
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure in order to build a career within Technology Solutions at Mazars. At Mazars, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of technology areas such as:
- Cyber Security; ethical hacking and cyber security reviews
• Data Analytics; data analysis and modelling
• IT Assurance and Internal Audit; IT General Controls reviews
• IT Advisory – IT strategy development and system selection
• Data Privacy; GDPR reviews
• Responsibility for executing day to day IT Assurance and Advisory work and reviews; including contributing to closing meetings
• Client management; acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work
• To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
• Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs
• To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
• Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients
• Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work.
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- A keen interest in technology
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
• A willingness to travel.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Strong academic performance is important. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline; an I.T based degree would be
desirable in this role
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
• You will undertake industry accredited training courses to support your professional and personal development.
• You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
“At Mazars, people matter. Everyone is different and we treat our people as individuals, playing to their strengths. We pride ourselves on nurturing and developing talent, helping our people fulfil their aspirations whatever they may be.”
Ian Wrightson, UK Executive, Head of People & Culture
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with approximately 140 partners and over 1800 staff serving clients from 17 offices. With offices in more than 80 countries across six continents the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite.
Sign up for job alerts - its free