Technology Graduate Trainee
OVERVIEW OF THE TEAM
At Mazars we'll help you build on your expertise, experience and ambition to develop a rewarding and successful career. We want you to be yourself, to bring your ideas and creativity and to feel inspired as part of our BizTech technology team.
The BizTech team is responsible for the delivery of technology across the Mazars UK group; supporting over 2000 employees across both regional & global locations.
We have five main functions within the team;
- Service Management; being the first port of call for any queries, questions, requests and issues
- Infrastructure and Operations; ensuring all key technology services & applications are provided, maintained and continuously supported, keeping our business operational everyday
- Change Management & Innovation; delivering new and upgraded services in a controlled method to provide as little disruption to the business as possible while advancing our technology footprint
- Security & Governance; accessing and aligning our technology to our expectations, for example by mitigating the threat of ongoing cybersecurity threats
- Enterprise Architecture; aligning our technology roadmaps strategically to our business goals to future proof investments
Our major goal across the next 24 months is to ensure we offer excellent client service to our business, seek opportunities to continuously enhance & improve this and deliver a portfolio of advanced technology, automation, business intelligence & security projects. We are looking for people who excel and are passionate about continuously developing their skills and knowledge to solve our most challenging problems. Whilst you do not have to be a technical expert, we are looking for people who have a passion for technology and a desire to get involved in a variety of initiatives, build knowledge quickly, become part of cross-discipline teams and develop skills quickly through both on the job and formal training. Overall you will have an ambition to build a successful career in a technology team.
As a trainee in our Biztech Team, your time will be spent primarily working on change & innovation projects, as part of a team including aspects of technology delivery including hands on use of standard market products such as Microsoft O365, RPA tools, MS PowerBI/PowerTools, Azure, Cloud Infrastructure, Security frameworks and monitoring tools. The role will therefore provide an opportunity to work across several technologies with a focus on innovation solutions.
This role will be dedicated to developing solutions, involving new technology to forward-looking innovation projects.
By the end of your programme, you will have had the opportunity to:
- Gain a broad understanding of how IT departments operate and deliver services in a large organisation. This will be inclusive of industry specific understanding of how technology is underpinning the business & financial processes.
- Work on a range of different projects & initiatives across Biztech dedicated to innovation
- Develop a strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products supporting their growth across Mazars.
- Understand the way in which we develop technology roadmaps & strategies that align to our business.
- Work directly with our business users and begin developing relationships with them to deliver.
- Technically deliver on innovation engagements such as automation & business intelligence opportunities.
- Develop a strong understanding of our control and risk management procedures.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Quality of output; a track record of producing work to the highest standard, including written submissions, formal reports and technical and other deliverables where relevant.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Technical skills; an understanding of technology from an education perspective or hands-on experience
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Teamwork; the ability to function and contribute effectively as part of a high achieving team.
- Passion for new technology and innovation; motivated to deliver impactful change.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in a relevant degree discipline with a STEM/technology background
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade 6 / B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will follow a structured technical training curriculum which will allow you to develop deeper technical and behavioural competences required for the next step in your career including industry recognised certification. What you get out this is the opportunity to build the skills and experience that can enable you to take your career in whatever direction you choose.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs london technology graduate trainee mazars scheme
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Engineering & Analytics - Junior Professional & Graduate Programme
£32,000 (increasing to £40k after one year)
DCC Business IT Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate programmes in Technology with PwC - Autumn 2021
Entry-level Information Technology Consultant (Software)
£23,500 to £26,500
EY Technology Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
London, Scotland, Edinburgh
Graduate Client Services Consultant
Up to £27000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited