Technology / Big Data Consultant – Graduate Programme – Glasgow City Centre
- Competitive plus benefits
- Scotland, Glasgow
- Apply by:
- 30th May 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Start date – End of May / Mid-June
Client – JP Morgan (Finance Industry)
There are thousands of graduates in the market, stand out from the
Technology is transforming all our lives – developments in robotics, automation, artificial intelligence and big data are creating the careers of the future. On FDM’s Graduate Programme, you could be working with some of these technologies, and so we are looking for intelligent, analytical minds, people who want to make a difference; graduates who desire to be at the forefront of technological change.
Regardless of your degree subject, we believe all graduates possess the skills to fuel an exciting career in technology. FDM offers numerous career paths for you to choose, and that’s why in 2017, we launched the careers of over 1,000 graduates. As the UK’s leading IT Graduate Employer, FDM Group is a FTSE 250 employer with a global footprint working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations such as Clydesdale Bank, Barclays, Sky, Standard Life Aberdeen.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as a Big Data Consultant will begin at FDM’s Glasgow Academy, where you will receive award winning technical training. You will have the chance to gain industry-recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout. After successfully completing your training, you will be placed on-site in Glasgow City Centre with one of our major clients in the Finance Sector, JP Morgan.
What will I be doing?
You will receive comprehensive training at the FDM Academy in Glasgow, giving you the skills and knowledge to become an FDM Big Data Consultant. You will be trained on working with Big Data covering Hadoop, Spark and Impala, working within an agile environment and will be exposed to the full SDLC. After successfully completing your training, you will go on to work onsite at JP Morgan’s Glasgow Office.
What we are looking for:
• Graduates with a degree of 2:2 or above in Science, Technology, Computing, Engineering, Maths or similar subject
• Preferred knowledge of Python and R programming
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively
• Drive to succeed within the IT industry
What we offer you:
• Industry recognised training and qualifications
• A Glasgow City Centre working location
• Industry recognised training using Python
• Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel
• A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
• Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
• Modern and central training academies
• Social events and networking
Whether you’ve been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you.
With the Assessment centre running on 10th and 31st May, make an application today if you have already graduated. We’d also be interested to hear from 2018 graduates who are due to receive their final results soon.
With the world at your fingertips, all you have to do is click apply.
Sign up for job alerts - its free