Technical Authority Graduate Engineer - Airbus
- £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000
- South East, South West, Newport, Portsmouth, Stevenage
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Joining the Technical Authority team you will be working with a highly experienced team of system architects and engineers within Airbus Secure Communications. We are a team that spans three UK Airbus sites and our programmes have both a UK and European focus. You will have the opportunity to grow and apply your Technical, Interpersonal and Organisational skills and contribute to both the team's success and the success of Airbus Defence and Space in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Main activities of the role may include;
• Supporting System design within the Airbus design process as part of
the design team.
• Contributing to technical aspects of business bid activity.
• Independent review of technical design aspects of proposals and design reviews.
• Communicating design outcomes to stake-holders.
• Growing your System Engineering skills to encompass greater system complexity.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
• Ability to acquire information quickly using diverse sources including
documentation and discussion.
• Agility to switch between System level and detailed component modes of thinking
• Communication skills to ensure that your message is understood.
• Demonstrable independent working, but know when to seek assistance to maintain progress.
• Problems solving to find a way forwards.
• Organisational and IT skills to ensure timely delivery, reporting and communication.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role can be based in Stevenage, Portsmouth or Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 - 4th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Sign up for job alerts - its free