Tax Graduate Trainee (Specialist) - Nationwide
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions and ensuring they are fulfilling obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In these ways we help clients to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make informed decisions about their tax position whether an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible. We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
The Specialist Taxes Team provides advice and support to our clients in specific niche areas of tax. The main areas you will have an opportunity to work within are as follows:
- Share incentive plans – designing, implementing and reporting on a variety of incentive arrangements
- Expatriate tax – helping organisations plan international assignments and to manage their cross border workers
- Employment tax – helping organisations grow, mitigate and manage their risks more effectively. They do this by helping enhance employee reward, reducing employer costs and putting more robust governance controls on key tax risk areas in place
- Visas & work permits – advising businesses and individuals on UK and global immigration requirements
- Tax Investigations – matters ranging from individual tax disputes, to large, complex and high profile cases. They help individuals, companies and trusts selected for investigations.
As a trainee in Specialist Taxes, your time would usually be split between working on client projects, business development and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
We will operate a rotation based training regime that will allow you to spend between 9 and 12 months working in different specialist areas before rotating on to the next one. In this way you will gain a broad understanding of the specialist services we can offer to our clients, the value of this advice to them and their businesses and the way that the different streams of work interact with each other and with the wider tax practice.
By the end of the third year you will have a deep understanding of 3 or 4 specialist areas of tax that will help you in deciding which area you would like to focus on in the next stage of your career.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Teamwork; the ability to function and contribute effectively as part of a high achieving team.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund your study towards the ATT/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs manchester tax graduate trainee nationwide manchester mazars scheme
People who applied for this job also applied for:
BDO Audit and Assurance Graduate Programme (North West and South West)
South West, North West, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester
Finance Graduate Scheme - Morrisons
Business Graduate Scheme - Lloyds of London
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
Recruitment Consultant - Graduate Level
20000 to 50000
G2V Recruitment Group Ltd
Graduate Development Programme - Finance
South East, South West, Fareham, Titchfield, Swindon