|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Architecture & Construction, Distribution & Logistics, Manufacturing and Production,|
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our graduate and placement development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team on a Technical Placement you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company Car (role dependant)
• Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
• Training and development opportunities
• Who are we looking for?
As our ideal technical placement student you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will be an undergraduate student, following a path to a degree level qualification in a relevant subject with a predicted achievement of a 2:1 classification.
What might my 12 month programme entail?
The role of the Technical placement student will be reporting to the Regional Materials Manager and form part of the team covering Tarmac Materials throughout the region. Your time spent within the Technical department will include a variety of secondments providing you with a tremendous insight into the industry in general, i.e. :
• Regional Technical : Covering, SHE, Product Knowledge, Production Processes, Quality Control, Customer Exposure, Technical Systems Management, Complaint Handling, Commercial Drivers and Logistics.
This secondment will involve periods of time at Quarries, Sand & Gravel units, Recycling depots, Asphalt Plants and Concrete Plants.
• Regional Contracting : Material Placement covering a wide range of products, Pre-Contract Site Assessments, Contract Vetting, Site Technical Management and Estimating.
• National Technical Centre ; Industry Specification Activities, R&D, Product Development, Pavement Design, Sustainability, Procurement Activities, National UKAS Laboratory Testing and Project Management.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in this
12 month placement, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
Competitive South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire ASAP
Salary £23,000 + 10% Bonus + Company Vehicle London, Nationwide ASAP
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
Up to £27,000 plus excellent benefits South West, London ASAP