Sustainability Consultant/LCA Researcher - Eight Associates
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 1st September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Sustainability Consultant/LCA Researcher
Job start date: September
Location: London SE1
Eight Associates is a friendly sustainability consultancy providing expertise and solutions to building owners and design and construction professionals that add intrinsic and commercial value to the built environment.
Established in 2008, our team have unparalleled experience providing consultation and advice on building performance analysis, sustainable business strategy, ecology appraisal and enhancement, and environmental assessment.
We are looking for a sustainability consultant with strong research skills who can demonstrate a detailed knowledge of Life Cycle Analysis, architecture and building fabric and services optimisations.
Key responsibilities (essential):
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Sustainability consultancy at planning, detailed design and during construction;
- Energy modelling and simulation using various software packages (SAP,SBEM, EnergyPlus, Rhino, Grasshopper, HEAT or THERM, WUFI, openLCA/eTool);
- Building fabric and materials assessment;
- Client consulting; determining expectations and achieving deliverables;
- Conducting research into Life Cycle Analysis and the environmental impact of buildings.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Technical background in a construction/architectural related discipline, industry experience is a bonus;
- An MSc or related post-graduate degree in sustainability, building design and architecture, energy engineering;
- Experience of undertaking energy and performance analysis work for schemes.
Further to the above, we are looking to meet candidates with the following qualities:
- A firm commitment to environmental disciplines and sustainability;
- Happy to work within a team and with clients;
- Able to clearly present information both verbally and in writing;
- A swift problem-solver with imagination and initiative;
- Positive and independently-minded with a good sense of humour.
Expressions of interest:
Please send your CV and covering letter in PDF format to: email@example.com
Apply via the apply button below to do so.
Sign up for job alerts - its free