Sustainability Consultant/LCA Researcher
- 22nd November 2019
- Start date:
- January 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
This is a graduate level position, with an annual gross salary of £21,944. The job posting date and opening date for applications is 25th Oct 2019, and the closing date is 28 days later on 22th Nov 2019.
Eight Associates is a friendly sustainability consultancy providing expertise and solutions to building owners and design and construction professionals that add intrinsic and commercial
value to the built environment.
Established in 2008, our team have unparalleled experience providing consultation and advice on building performance analysis, sustainable business strategy, ecology appraisal and
enhancement, and environmental assessment.
We are looking for a sustainability consultant with strong research skills who can demonstrate a detailed knowledge of Life Cycle Analysis, architecture and building fabric and services
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Sustainability consultancy at planning, detailed design and during construction;
- Energy modelling and simulation using various software packages (SAP, SBEM, EnergyPlus, Rhino, Grasshopper, HEAT or THERM, WUFI, openLCA/eTool);
- Building fabric and materials assessment;
- Client consulting; determining expectations and achieving deliverables;
- Conducting research into Life Cycle Analysis and the environmental
impact of buildings.
The successful applicant must have the following skills and qualifications:
- A BSc in an architectural related discipline, any industry experience is a bonus;
- Experience of undertaking energy and performance analysis for buildings, and use of LCA software and methods;
- MSc or related post-graduate degree in sustainability, building design
and architecture, energy engineering will be viewed favourably.
- Further to the above, we are looking to meet candidates with the following qualities:
- A firm commitment to environmental disciplines and sustainability;
- Happy to work within a team and with clients;
- Able to clearly present information both verbally and in writing;
- A swift problem-solver with imagination and initiative;
- Positive and independently-minded with a good sense of humour.
Expressions of interest: Please send your CV and covering letter in PDF format to: email@example.com, quoting “LCA Job application Oct/Nov” in the subject line.
Sign up for job alerts - its free