Sustainability and Data Consultant
Sava is a growing and profitable business, comprising two enterprises:
- Sava Education – an education and information business that supports the UK residential surveying and valuation sector.
- Sava Technology – a software and data analytics business that provides tools and consultancy to social housing providers to formulate zero carbon strategies.
Our purpose statement is “We strive to make buildings better. We do this by providing education, technology, and compliance services to building owners, surveyors, and the wider property industry.”
Our core software product, Sava Intelligent Energy, provides insight and improvement planning for net zero carbon: https://sava.co.uk/software/intelligent-energy/
Intelligent Energy is a premium, market leading product that is used by over 200 housing providers to provide insight and improvement planning for reducing carbon emissions. Our products help these organisations develop strategies that not only reduce their carbon emissions but also improve the lives of their residents by reducing their energy costs. Our software integrates with all of the major housing asset management systems, and links to a number of third-party data sources.
A key part of the offering is to provide our customers with support services such as data analysis, improvement planning and carbon reduction consultancy (including for net zero).
We are looking for someone to join our growing team, to help us provide our customers with the best energy consultancy and related data analysis. We are looking for a technically minded individual with academic or industrial experience of energy efficiency and sustainability in the housing context. You will have a keen eye for detail and great data skills.
This role is ideal for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual who would like to progress their career within the sustainability field.
What you will be doing
- Providing guidance to customers to enable them to interpret their data.
- Advising customers on their energy improvement plans for their housing stock, including net zero carbon strategies.
- Conducting research and advice on wider aspects of sustainability.
- Understanding customers’ needs and writing proposals/quotations accordingly.
- Working with team members to adapt to and achieve the business objectives.
- Handing data related enquiries via telephone or email to ensure the customer is given the correct information with excellence customer service.
- Maintaining excellent records of all customer interaction on the customer relationship management system.
- Engaging with the wider company to understand the commercial drivers and use your skills and expertise to help the company succeed.
We want you to have the following skills, abilities, and attributes
- Ability to write comprehensive reports, technical summaries, and articles
- Ability to analyse and interpret large data sets
- Strong logical and creative thinking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in advising our customers on how best to manage their data
- A ‘can do’ attitude, solution focussed with innovative problem-solving ideas
- Able to self-motivate and work on your own initiative whilst managing your time in order to meet multiple deadlines and objectives
- Quick to learn about new technologies
- Comfortable talking to colleagues such as sales, business development and training team members as well as our customers
- Able to explain your thoughts in a non-technical manner as well as interpret colleagues’ ideas into technical requirements
- Able to anticipate issues, take responsibility and make decisions
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly, instilling confidence and leaving positive impressions
- Excellent IT skills – in particular, Excel and Office 365 in general
We really need you to have the following knowledge
- Academic or industrial experience of energy efficiency and/or sustainability in the built environment
- High levels of literacy and numeracy
- Proven IT and mathematical skills, demonstrated through relevant qualifications or work experience
- Competent user of Office 365, in particular Excel
We would also like you to have
- A first degree or Masters in a relevant environmental subject
To apply for this opportunity, please write to us with your CV and a covering letter. In the letter we would like you to tell us why you would like to work for Sava (100 words maximum).
The selection process is likely to include the following steps:
- An initial video/ telephone discussion
- A video interview
- Online psychometric and competency assessments and a task to allow you to further demonstrate your abilities to us
- A face-to-face interview (following all necessary COVID-19 precautions)
At Sava we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives, and skills, and we recognise talent based on merit and potential.
Sava strives to make buildings better. We do this by providing education, technology, and compliance services to building owners, surveyors and the wider property industry. We were established in 1983, and our roots are within energy assessment and home condition surveying.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :sustainability consultant sava
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Data Analytics Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth
Energy Data Consultant
£25,500 to £31,000
South East, Milton Keynes
Data and Analytics Graduate Programme
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary