Summer Internship - Lloyds of London
A summer internship with us is the perfect way to get a feel for what we do and where your skills might best fit in here. Our internships run for eight weeks from July to August and are aimed at students who are in the penultimate year of their university studies.
What could you be doing?
You’ll be placed in a single business area within the Lloyd’s Corporation itself. You can be placed in all kinds of different departments, from Treasury and Investment Management to Communications, but wherever you work you’ll benefit from an enlightening introduction to Lloyd’s and the insurance industry. You’ll have the opportunity to build your skills and knowledge under expert guidance and receive top-class behavioural and technical skills training.
Once you’ve completed the internship, you’ll have tackled some stimulating challenges, gained valuable experience of the business world, developed some highly-transferable skills and formed a strong network of contacts. Moreover, if you seemed like a good fit, the internship could see you fast-tracked on to the assessment centre for our graduate programme.
To apply for one of our internships, you should be studying in your penultimate year at university and on track to receive at least a 2:2 in any degree subject.
8 weeks fixed term contract
What do we look for?
We are looking for those who are curious about our organisation and about future opportunities with us. We will want to see that your skills align with our values-led competencies which include.
- Relating and networking - This competency is about building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - This competency is about setting high standards of quality and focusing on customers’ needs and satisfaction.
- Adapting and responding to change - This competency is about accepting new ideas and making positive use of the opportunities change presents.
- Commercial thinking -This competency is about analysing and evaluating information to make smart and informed decisions.
- Creating and innovating - This competency is about producing new ideas, thinking outside the box, and seeking innovative solutions to problems.
- Achieving goals and objectives - This competency is about working hard to improve and achieve goals.
The recruitment process will comprise of a number of stages including online gamified assessments, a video interview and a situational judgement test (SJT).
At Lloyd's, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive
culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how
we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you
can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable
adjustments that we may need to make.
Click to apply
We are Lloyd’s. We are a unique combination of a specialist insurance market and a Corporation.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs london finance jobs london summer internship lloyds london insurance lloyd
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Recruitment Consultant 2020 - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Summer Internships - Zurich Insurance
South East, South West, London, Farnborough, Fareham, Titchfield, Swindon
Human Resources – NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
NEW Trainee Recruitment Consultant
8Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
BDO Audit and Assurance Graduate Programme (London and South East)
South East, London, Nationwide, Guildford, Reading, Southampton, Gatwick