Summer 2020 Placement Scheme - Kantar (London)
- Competitive + Benefits + benefits
- Apply by:
- 14th October 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
Join this Industrial Placement programme to grow your Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry knowledge and develop your analytical skills. Then build stories for our clients that inspire them to make successful decisions using our world class consumer panel data.
In this role you’ll gain exposure to the £100+ billion UK grocery market and grow first hand your FMCG industry knowledge.
You’ll develop your analytical ability to build stories for our clients that inspire them to make successful decisions using our market leading panel data. You’ll build your FMCG network through meeting your client contacts, building a strong relationship with them to understand and answer their key business questions.
Learning to use our tools and solutions to analyse data, develop insight and create presentations that communicate our point of view will be key as well as providing advice based on that data.
Join an ambitious and growing company getting to know your team and colleagues across our business to deliver fantastic work along the way.
You’ll have an engaging communication style with a genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding the markets our clients operate in.
Through your work you’ll have an interest in data and numbers and a desire to share ideas with your colleagues and contribute to the overall team objectives.
You’ll have a fascination for consumers, how they behave and the choices they make combined with commercial acumen and the willingness to meet sales targets.
Minimum requirements (essentials)
- Be a current student in a course with an option to do a 'year in industry' (2nd year in a 3 year course or 3rd year in a 4 year course)
- On track to for a 2:2 or above University degree
- 280 UCAS points
- Grade B or above for Maths and English at GSCE
- Eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- You’ll have incomparable commercial exposure – our placements have delivered their points of view to some of the biggest brand names out there!
- On the Industrial Placement Programme you’ll get:
- The opportunity to deliver points of view to some of the biggest brand names out there (as well as many others of course!).
- An industry leading induction programme where you will have the chance to learn more about our culture and become confident to hit the ground running.
- An opportunity to present your thinking, experiences and potential to the senior management team supporting you with your ongoing development and progression.
- An opportunity to secure a graduate role by the time you return to university. Many of our former placements have gone onto senior positions within the business.
A fantastic working culture and environment - brand new colourful and agile working zone with break out spaces, beanbags & hammocks.
- 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Private medical
- Contributory Pension
- A comprehensive and award winning flexible benefits scheme offering discounted shopping vouchers and a bike to work scheme just to mention a few
- Kantar socials – A wide variety of paid for socials throughout your year such as black tie dinners at Christmas, getting creative for our annual video awards or exploring the latest “trendy” east London experience with your team.
- Extra benefits – birthday day off, Friday 4pm finish, free breakfast on a Friday and daily free fruit!
Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
Kantar, Worldpanel Division is the global expert in shoppers’ behaviour.
Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Kantar Worldpanel inspires successful decisions by brand owners, retailers, market analysts and government organisations globally.
With over 60 years’ experience, a team of 3,500, and services covering 60 countries directly or through partners, Kantar Worldpanel turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantage in markets as diverse as FMCG, impulse products, fashion, baby, telecommunications and entertainment, among many others.
We are increasingly recognised as a Company that prioritises its people, focussing on successful careers and workplace cultures (recognised as an employer of choice in the UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Greater China). Just as our clients are at the centre of everything we do, our people are the foundation and we have the same levels of passion and commitment to them and their careers with us. Don’t take our word for it - you can check out our Glassdoor profile to see for yourself!
Begin your journey by applying for our Summer 2020 intake
Our selection process aims to match the best candidate to our placement programme. We do this by assessing your abilities using a variety of tools throughout our recruitment process.
You can expect to complete an online test, video interview and have the time to prepare a presentation which you will be expected to deliver at assessment day which will be held on 13th November at our Hanger Lane office.
The assessment day has two main purposes:
- Give you the opportunity to better understand our business, the role of a graduate and meet some of our people
- For you to showcase who you are and what you can bring to our team.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity, therefore we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you have a disability or are neuro divergent and require support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
JKantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
Sign up for job alerts - its free