Space Graduate - Airbus
- £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000
- South West, Corsham
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
This is an opportunity for a graduate placement in the Secure Comms organisation within the Airbus Defence & Space Communications, Intelligence & Security (CIS) business line.
The Secure Comms organisation is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing development of the network infrastructure that delivers satcom-enabled services to our customers in government, maritime and enterprise sectors. Its responsibilities include management and operation of the associated company-owned satellites.
The Space Directorate are involved in a wide range of activities offering opportunities for a graduate to gain experience. In particular:
• Space Engineering
• Payload Engineering
• Ground Engineering
• Spacecraft Operations
• Flight Dynamics
Based at the Hawthorn (in Corsham) site, the Space Directorate Graduate will have the opportunity to rotate through up to 5 assignments over a period of two years. From the perspective of the individual, the anticipated benefits of this approach are that they will:
• Gain experience in a variety of technical areas in the Space
• Be exposed to different types of task in a given area (e.g., analysis of spacecraft/ground sub-systems, report writing, anomaly investigation);
• Gain an appreciation of the range of technical activities conducted in the company;
• Develop insight into where their future interests lie;
• Work in a quality company that promotes best practice and supports their professional development. The assignments that will actually be offered will depend on the projects that are in progress at the time (and potentially the specific qualifications of the individual). The following are representative examples: • UHF sub-system analysis and future operation
• Telemetry analysis software development
• Routine operations assessment and improvement
• Recovery procedure writing and validation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The Space Graduate should possess a good degree (2:1 or above) in a maths, science or engineering subject.
A logical approach to problem solving, a capability for critical thinking and a commitment to learning are more important than qualifications in a specific discipline.
The individual should:
• Be genuinely interested in a space based technical career;
• Be willing to learn;
• Be willing to take a systematic, logical and critical approach to their work;
• Be willing and able to pay attention to detail;
• Have good written and verbal communications skills.
This role will be based in Corsham and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 - 4th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
Sign up for job alerts - its free