|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Filton, Little Stoke|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT|
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The department is a transnational team responsible for the Finance, Operations, Software Licensing, Process Management, Application Health Monitoring and Long Term Archiving within the 'Develop' Application Service Group.
The role is suitable for a student studying an IT or Engineering related degree.
The intern will be primarily assisting the ) PLM Product Lifecycle Management) License Management Team with the following activities:
- Development of an asset management solution to capture and share all
the details relating to application licenses.
- Coordinate license server obsolescence activities to ensure legacy servers are removed in line with existing roadmap.
- Development of license monitoring software.
- Project leader on small, internal projects.
- Representing the department in projects run by other teams.
- The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
- Improving the relationship between ICT and business departments.
All activities within Airbus ICT work within the standard ITIL framework of good practice in Service management.
Over the course of a placement year the intern will have the opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Transnational networking internally within the department and
externally with customers.
- Software license management
- Time and project management skills
- Financial management in a world-wide organisation
- Team working skills
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in ICT or Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of databases would be an advantage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
Competitive North West, Manchester Various
Competitive plus benefits South East, Central, Marlow 1-Sep-2018
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Ongoing
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland Ongoing
Competitive London Various