Software Engineering Role - BAE Systems
- £20,000 (during training period) to £26,000 thereafter + benefits
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our National Security Academy is unique. Designed to develop individuals with the confidence and technical capability to support a safer future, you will be provided with the tools, training and support you need to become a rounded Software Engineer in the National Security sector whilst gaining a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Software Engineering.
You may have some work experience within IT, or you might be a Graduate or non-Graduate who has a passion for IT – if so, the National Security Academy could be for you. The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments.
Whilst you progress through our National Security Academy we will support you through the UK Security clearance process up to DV level which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of the UK Government.
To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance and be over the age of 21. Read more about DV clearance using this link.
The National Security Academy is delivered in partnership with QA Apprenticeships and is located within one of QA’s world leading training centres based close to Manchester. With purpose built locations, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one. On completion of the initial training phase, 16 weeks in total, learners will then deploy into permanent roles in either London or Gloucester.
This role is suitable for graduates or non-graduates who are looking to enhance their current skill or change careers.
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- Industry recognised qualifications including: Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship; Oracle Java Certified; BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Development Methodologies; Microsoft MTA HTML Level 5 Application Development fundamentals.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training by QA Apprenticeships for 4 months, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready Software Engineer. The training will be held in QA’s Manchester facility;
- Candidates will be Security Cleared at the highest level in order to support government contracts;
- On completion of the training you will have achieved SFIA level 3 competency in Software Engineering as well as other industry recognised qualifications;
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems National Security subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career in National Security – making the world a safer place.
Reward & Benefits
- £20k salary during training
- Market leading £26k salary upon completion of the 16 weeks of training
- Regular uplifts in salary throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Be 21 or over
- Be eligible for DV clearance
- Numerate – demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate – demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for IT
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review
- Aptitude testing
- Assessment Centre
- Medical & Security checks
If successful you will be contacted by our recruitment team and invited to an assessment day. The start date for this role will in late 2019.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and
welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We
particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which
are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME
and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any
personal information relating to your background at any stage of the
Applicants will be expected to be medically fit as deemed necessary to perform the role, be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve DV security clearance.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free