Locations: Industry placements will be in London, Leeds, Edinburgh, and Stevenage– you must be available to commute or relocate to one of these locations to apply
Start Date: 8th January 2024. Please only apply if you are available full-time from this date
You must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be successful.
Why join Digital Futures?
We are a purpose-led technology training and services company. Our mission is to create opportunity for people like you by giving people from all backgrounds the necessary skills and confidence to start a career in technology.
By focusing on potential, rather than background or experience, we unlock exceptional talent and help people to thrive in their first role in tech. We focus not only on your first role with us, but also in setting you up for success throughout your career.
If you have the right mindset and drive, we will help you reach your career goals, preparing you to become a leader of tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
1. Training - your journey with Digital Futures starts with 12 weeks of free immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for your first software engineering role. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and group project work.
2. Certification – at the end of your training you will be ready to take the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate Java certification and you will also be supported in preparing for an interview with one of our clients.
3. Employment - We will offer you a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures and you will be placed in a technology team with one of our clients with a starting salary of £27,500 + benefits
- Industry standard developer tools and workflow
- Software design principles
- Client and server-side development, including ReactJS, NodeJS, creating APIs and async programming
- Data persistence using cloud-based data storage
- Ownership of software development lifecycle to deploy features
- Preparation for taking the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate, Java certification
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Key professional skills modules include:
- Effective Communication
- Competency Interview training
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Business Awareness
- Being a Digital Futures Employee
About the role:
Once you have completed your training you will be ready to start your role as a software engineer:
- Applying the skills and knowledge you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Working closely with major clients to analyse user requirements
- Supporting our clients on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Interpreting business problems to propose and implement engineering solutions
- Collaborating within high-performing tech teams to write, test and improve code
- Roles that our Software Engineers have gone on to include Java Developer, Release Manager, Forward Deployed Engineer, Junior Software Engineer, QA Engineer and Test Engineer
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous formal education or experience in tech or software engineering to join our Academy. In fact, we actively encourage applications from aspiring software engineers with non-traditional backgrounds, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- An understanding of the basics of one or more programming language
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Join us and start your Digital Future today.