Software Development, Test and Implementation Graduate Programme - Manchester (Summer 2020)
Ignite your career in IT with Capita
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 63,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
What our Software Development and Implementation programme provides you with
The Capita IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in software development, testing and information-technology operations.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 10 weeks of exclusive training either from our virtual classroom or in house at our London academy. The training focuses on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and tools working towards certifications from various professional bodies including BCS, ISTQB, Oracle, Microsoft, Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
Upon successful completion of the core training modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK. Your day to day activities may include designing and implementing software solutions and developing code, analysing customer requirements, identifying test cases, or automation script preparation and production using Selenium.
What we look for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally Computer Science or STEM related
- Some object orientated programming skills in either Java, C# or C++
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Good communication and liaison skills
- A passion for technology and problem solving
- Ability to understand, interpret, deliver and measure against business-driven requirements
- Good all-round IT skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to attend training in our London academy if and when required
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide if required for work assignments
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion. Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
- Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
If you have a passion for technology and problem solving, then we would like to hear from you!
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to get back to everyone. Therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 3 months, you haven't been successful this time around.
Capita Novus is part of Capita PLC, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and outsourcing solutions.