Software Development Graduate Programme - Manchester (Summer 2020)
Ignite your career in IT with Capita
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 63,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
What our Developer programme provides you with
The Capita IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 10 weeks of exclusive training either from our virtual classroom or in house at our Manchester academy. The training focuses on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
Upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK, from producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems to designing and implementing software solutions and developing code.
What we look for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecyle
- Coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, Python, .Net, or Java
- Some exposure to object orientated programming
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Able to attend training in our Manchester academy if and when required
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide if required for assignments
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion. Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
- Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
If you have a passion for technology and programming, then we would like to hear from you!
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to get back to everyone. Therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 3 months, you haven't been successful this time around.
Capita Novus is part of Capita PLC, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and outsourcing solutions.