Software Development and Implementation Graduate Programme Summer 2022
Discover better with a career at Capita
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies. Our 61,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology, and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
We create better outcomes
This is our purpose and it defines our very existence. We provide an inclusive and diverse environment for our people to thrive, develop and realise their true potential. Whoever you are and whatever your background, we want you to be yourself.
We’re growing future leaders
Our Novus programmes are designed to help you gain professional experience and develop your skillset. We’ll challenge you to think differently, solve problems with creativity and to push yourself while expanding your horizons.
The programme begins with up to 12 weeks of practical based training delivered in real time from our virtual training academy. The training focuses on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies to prepare you for a career pathway within Software Development, Testing, Cloud or Applications Support
Upon successful completion of the training, you will have the opportunity to become employed by Capita on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our clients around the UK. Our purpose is your purpose and, together, we can drive real change. You’ll have the opportunity to work on and make meaningful contributions to a range of exciting and diverse projects.
Continuous professional development
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals whilst you work, you will have access to learning resources and the opportunity to study towards certifications to support your career path from professional bodies such as BCS, ISTQB, Oracle, Microsoft, Google and Amazon.
What we are looking for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally Computer Science or STEM related
- A passion for learning
- Effective task management skills
- Some object orientated programming skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Good all-round IT skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide for extensive periods to work on Capita and client assignments
- Available to start training in August 2022 and attend the online classes in real-time
What’s in it for you
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during your training, on commencement of your first assignment you will also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Bonuses based on performance
- 6 monthly salary review
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
- Continuous professional development
- Access to learning resources to support further study
If you have a passion for technology and problem solving, then we would like to hear from you!
Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to get back to everyone. Therefore, if you haven't heard back from us by March 2022, you haven't been successful this time around.
Capita Novus is part of Capita PLC, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and outsourcing solutions.