Software Developer - Graduate Programme - FDM Group
- Competitive + benefits
- Apply by:
- 31st March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
There are thousands of graduates in the market, stand out from the
Technology is transforming all our lives – developments in robotics, automation, artificial intelligence and big data are creating the careers of the future. Digital careers need intelligent, analytical minds, people who want to make a difference; graduates who desire to be at the forefront of change.
Regardless of your degree subject, we believe all graduates possess the skills to fuel an exciting career in technology. FDM offers numerous career paths for you to choose, and that’s why in 2017, we launched the careers of over 1,000 graduates. As the UK’s leading IT Graduate Employer, FDM Group is a FTSE 250 employer with a global footprint working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations such as HSBC, AXA, Save The Children and Virgin Media.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as a Software Developer will begin at one of FDM’s three academies in London, Leeds or Glasgow, where you will receive fully-funded training and the chance to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout. Our award-winning Graduate Programme provides a wealth of opportunity to gain transferable skills as well as becoming an expert within your field. After successfully completing your training, you will work with one or more of our 180 clients across the UK during the two-year programme.
What will I be doing?
You will be trained on multiple skills required to become a software developer; from analysis and design, integration and deployment, to automation of software systems. You will learn to write, develop and test codes to fix faults and create new systems as well as be able to use a range of languages and work on advanced modules and projects.
What we are looking for:
• Graduates with a degree of 2.2 or above within a Science, Technology, Computing, Engineering, Maths or similar subject.
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively
• Big ambitions to succeed within the IT industry
• Geographically flexible throughout the UK to support our clients
What we offer you:
• Commercially relevant training
• Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel
• A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
• Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
• Modern and central training academies
• Social events and networking
Whether you’ve been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you. We have multiple start dates all year round, so why not make an application today? Click to apply for the FDM graduate programme. If successful, you will be able to specify your interest for this particular role at a later point in the application process.
With the world at your fingertips, all you have to do is click apply.
Sign up for job alerts - its free