Soft Fruit Grower
Area of Responsibility: Grow crops that deliver/exceed budgeted Class I yield targets and enable delivery of productivity targets (kg/h and £/kg). Deliver crops at times required by the market with berries that look and taste great, delight the customer, are fast to pick, and have minimum wastage. Manage the implementation of all growing aspects - irrigation, husbandry, climate, P&D, associated staff and budgets.
Reporting to: Head of Farming (HF)
Location: Tuesley Farm
- Make sure that all growing operations are completed on time and to the required standard · Spend enough time in the field and with your teams to deliver 100% yield potential/acre and the required detail to make this happen
- Implement climate control strategies & ensure these are delivered
- Implement fertigation strategies & ensure these are delivered. Take the lead in using fertigation systems to max crop yields whilst considering water and fertilizer use.
- Crop Walking with agronomists & technical team to minimize yield losses from P&D and maximize productivity potential
- Together with Technical Team work with internal & external propagators to deliver the best plant material
- Together with the HF proactively set clear strategies for all stages of crop growth and ensure these strategies are implemented making timely adjustments based on the ever changing weather, crop and market conditions whilst maintaining clear communication of instructions to the teams involved to delivery of the task set.
- Assist the HF in ensuring all relevant reports & records are being completed by the Line Managers
- Maintain fruit quality (Shelf Life, Chilling)
- Adhere to all relevant environmental and H&S regulations
- Previous experience and industry knowledge are desirable.
- Experience of protected cropping including irrigation and ventilation, and frost protection and relevant qualification in agronomy, horticulture, or food production is an advantage · Excellent organisational and communication skills as well as intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite are essential.
- Be able to work both individually or in a team. Be self-disciplined, motivated and prepared to work flexible hours.
- The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic approach and possess a strong interest in learning and self-development, with a desire to fast track their career. The role offers career progression opportunities (Assistant Farm Manager)
- Clean UK Driving Licence (Essential)
Applying: If you would like to know more about this opportunity then please submit a current CV, together with a covering letter describing your suitability for the role to us via the "Apply now" button.
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2020
We empower people to realize their full potential while ensuring that we grow our premium berries responsibly. For us, our people and our produce are the very heart of Hall Hunter and everything we do.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :soft fruit grower hall hunter
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Audit Empowered Graduate Programme - London - KPMG 2021
Foxtons Trainee Estate Agent
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car
£25000.00 to £30000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
Graduate Analyst - TPP