Small Business Development Manager, American Express
Role: Small Business Development Manager, American Express
Sector: Financial Services
At American Express, we deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Our Global Commercial Payments Team offers businesses of all sizes award-wining payment solutions that provides greater rewards, improved cash flow and visibility and control of spend.
We are looking for talented and driven sales professionals to join the Global Commercial Services (GCS) line of our business, in Manchester in the role of "Business Development Manager" (BDM), which provides an exciting opportunity for a self-driven, results oriented individuals. We're looking for a mix of candidates, you can be entry-level or possess some previous sales experience - as long as you can demonstrate a track record of success and the right personality for the role.
At American Express the SME segment offers outstanding growth and has great focus and investment due to the relatively untapped opportunity it presents. As such we require a number of talented BDMs to drive our growth strategy in the UK market. This is a telephone based, highly rewarded sales role, with an excellent package including an uncapped incentive scheme. It requires creativity, entrepreneurship coupled with all the traits that make sales professionals successful.
Success will be measured by number of new Card Members signed, booked charge volume on new Card Members, effective pipeline management, time management, ability to engage / motivate prospects and leadership skills.
- Winning new business on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling - understanding customer needs and offering the most appropriate product and services
- Building and managing your own pipeline, managing sales leads from identification and initial contact through close, carefully tracking and actioning leads across the sales cycle
- Maintain high level of product and service knowledge including product features and benefits, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and influence external customers
- Master rapport building, handling objections, and professionalism
- Work with internal teams in New Accounts and Risk Management to provide all relevant information to correctly evaluate applications and assign lines of credit on new accounts
- Not mandatory - but previous sales experience preferred
- Educated to degree level
- Self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on over delivering on your target
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives.
- Reliable, resilient and determined with a real "Will to win"
As a BDM at American Express, you'll enjoy a collaborative culture; one where you have ultimate control over your earning potential receiving an excellent, uncapped commission package, based on your personal contribution.
As you would expect from one of the Sunday Times Top 20 Companies to work for, your successes will be recognized financially as well as great investment in your personal and career growth within American Express supported and encouraged by your leader.
Pareto Law values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
If you require this job specification or to apply in an alternate format, please visit the Pareto website.
We shape future sales leaders, combining assessment, training, accreditation and on-going support to all our university leavers, delivering the Pareto Effect on your graduate career.
Pareto Law Interview Reviews
13 July 2015
I applied to Pareto through their website-I did apply for a specific role but I cannot remember what this was now. Within a day or so, I was left a voicemail from a very pleasant...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :business development manager american express pareto law
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Legal Product Expert - International Sales Role
£27,000 + Commission
London, Mayfair (north), Grosvenor Square
Design – Studio Modelling Undergraduate Programme
9Jaguar Land Rover
West Midlands, Leamington Spa
2022 Graduate Business Management Scheme
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, North East, Verwood, Nuneaton, Durham, Liverpool city centre
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
G&E Partners Limited
Graduate Business Development Executive
£24,000 + Bonus
London, North West, Manchester
Digital Recruitment Consultant (London Office) - IMMEDIATE START
£22k to £35k (OTE after 3 years £70K+)
Gravitas Recruitment Group