Sales Development Representative
- £25,0000 basic + £10,000 OTE + benefits + OTE + expenses
- Apply by:
- 8th March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Financial news agency. Exciting and varied Business Development role. Established company with a start-up feel.
Venatrix is working with a financial news agency that offers its clients insight into and analysis of the world of finance and financial markets. An accredited news agency, the company has access to sources in central banks and financial institutions whose information isn’t available on public search engines. It also offers valuable analysis, identifying what breaking news means for capital markets. The company has been established for thirty years, but has recently been taken over and restructured by a new team of investors, who are calling it ‘the startup with a head start.’ This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who is fascinated by the world of Finance and its interaction with current affairs, and wants to make money in a small company with big ambitions.
The Graduate Business Development Representative will be a vital player, acting as the first point of contact between the company and its prospective clients, as well as chasing new business. Day-to-day, you will:
* Gain a deep understanding of the company and its commercial benefits.
* Speak to existing and prospective customers about Bloomberg technology.
* Organise meetings with potential clients in the financial services sector.
* Discuss current affairs and world news with prospective clients.
* Attend client meetings.
* Report directly to the CEO.
Why do I want this job? Opportunity, training and progression.
* This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a curious streak, who is fascinated by Finance; you’ll get to study current affairs and their interaction with financial markets, and work with people who are invested in those interactions.
* Join an established company reinventing itself after a takeover, and in a time of accelerated growth. You will be a crucial part of the company’s success, and as it grows, your opportunities for development and progress will be endless.
* You will receive extensive training from the inspiring people who run the company.
* Gain valuable insights into the world of Finance that will benefit you throughout your career.
* The office is based in the heart of the City, and the team have a fun, friendly culture with lots of drinks, dinners and team nights out.
We are looking for someone smart and curious for this role. You will need to have an interest in Economics, Finance and current affairs to be successful, as well as a positive mindset, ambition and plenty of get-up-and-go.
Sign up for job alerts - its free