|Salary:||competitive plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, Insurance, Environmental, Energy & Utilities|
The S&P Global Platts' 2017 Commodity Associate Programme is a seven month rotational programme commencing in March & September 2017. The programme offers Master's degree candidates the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets. During the Commodity Associate Programme, successful candidates will be trained to work in the market reporting function, where you will generate price assessments and content, which powers our pricing benchmarks and analytics.
Successful candidates will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process. The programme will also expose successful candidates to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets. You will receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three month rotations in a different commodity sector - preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams. Additionally, there may be future opportunities for international relocation and assignments.
Qualifications and skills
• The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree and must have completed a Master's degree by March or September 2017.
• Strong communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential together with good verbal skills, listening techniques).
• Team player with collaborative working style.
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and able to readjust priorities throughout the day to meet deadlines.
• Understand the importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members.
• Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail.
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly and challenge.
• Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles).
• Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
To Learn More About Our Program Please Visit-
About S&P Global Platts and S&P Global
S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmark and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Its division includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. Together, we're the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
• We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
• Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
• Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global - a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Hong Kong, Singapore, China Ongoing
competitive London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bracknell, Central, The East, Bristol, North East, Cambridge 1-Jul-2017
£22,000 to £26,000 (OTE £55k) negotiable plus OTE South West, London, Central London, Bristol, North West, Leeds, Yorkshire, Manchester, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bracknell, Central, The East, Bristol, North East, Cambridge 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
OTE up to £26k in Y1 + benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire ASAP
£22,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
OTE up to £26k in Y1 + uncapped commission & benefits North West, Manchester ASAP
OTE up to £26k in Y1 + uncapped commission & benefits Leeds, Yorkshire ASAP
OTE up to £26k in Y1 + uncapped commission & benefits Bath, South West, Central, Gloucester, Wales, Bristol, Cardiff ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, Loughborough, Charnwood, East Midlands, Brighton, Bristol, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Edinburgh 1-Sep-2017
competitive depending on experience Watford, London ASAP
£19,500 + Bonus plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review South East, Luton ASAP
£24,000 to £45,000 OTE + Benefits plus OTE South West, London, Glasgow, Bristol, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP
£24,000 to £45,000 OTE + Benefits plus OTE London, Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
£22,000 to £45,000 OTE plus OTE London, Glasgow, Central London, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP