Ryobi - Assistant Product Manager (Graduate Programme)
- £24,500 + benefits
- South East, Marlow
- Apply by:
- 26th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
ABOUT THE ROLE
The EMEA Product Management team is responsible for the creation, performance, profitability, management & execution of all products within the European, Middle East and African markets. The department is a business-critical central function that supplies our local markets with the products and support they need to deliver the company’s financial growth and profitability targets.
You will (with the support of the Group Product Manager and the wider Product Management Team):
- Define, create and execute the profitable commercial product strategy for your selected product categories.
- Monitor commercial performance.
- Gain a thorough understanding of your product categories, including the technologies and manufacturing processes used, and the application of your products to real-world situations.
- Grow and maintain a thorough knowledge base relative to your product categories, including consumer/customer trends, market analysis (segments & pricing), competitive positioning, and opportunities/threats.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve the profitability, quality and speed to market of your product category developments.
- Work closely with the EMEA Brand & Communications team to ensure new product launches are fully supported by best-in-class materials.
- Help execute regional conferences, training sessions and sales meetings.
- Manage key tasks in the new product development (NPI) calendar.
- Work closely with our North American, Australian and Asian based colleagues to ensure that EMEA requirements are being considered, tracked and delivered.
You will need:
- Marketing/Business bachelor’s degree is preferable, but not essential.
- Basic technical knowledge of Outdoor Products and/or Power Tools (Lawnmowers, Line Trimmers, Hedge Trimmers etc.) from personal experience/DIY use. A ‘hands-on’ approach is critical.
- Knowledge of/an ability to learn about basic manufacturing processes and key product technologies, as related to your product categories.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both oral and visual.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- The ability to interact at all levels of the EMEA business.
- The ability to identify areas for improvements to working practice, and to drive process change.
- A good team spirit, but critically, being a strong self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- To be willing to travel internationally for 2-4 weeks per year.
Click the apply button below to find out more and apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free