|Salary:||£28,000 Tax Free + Benefits|
|Location:||London, The East, Nationwide, Cambridge|
|Sectors:||Education & Teaching, Engineering, Science & Technology, Training, Research & Analysis|
Are you passionate about chemistry? Do you want to inspire the next generation?
You could qualify for a Royal Society of Chemistry Teacher Training Scholarship, offered in partnership with the Department for Education.
As well as a £28,000 tax-free funding, Royal Society of Chemistry Scholars get a specialised support package, designed to help them during the ITT course.
The package includes:
• Mentoring by an expert chemistry teacher
• Free classroom materials including books, posters and a lab coat
• Chemistry specific training meetings with other scholars, and free online courses on key concepts in teaching chemistry.
They also get free membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry for
two years, which includes:
• Education in Chemistry bimonthly magazine, with news, reviews and opinions written by teachers for teachers
• Access to Talk Chemistry, our online forum for teachers to share lesson plans, innovative resources and teaching ideas
• Access to national and regional networks for chemistry teachers and trainee teachers, and
• Up to a third off books from top scientific publishers.
• Intend to take up a training place on a secondary teaching course that leads to QTS (pre-16)
• Hold a chemistry or related degree with a proven or predicted grade of a 2:1 or above (if you have a 2:2 your application will be considered if you can demonstrate significant relevant experience/subject knowledge),
• Or hold a relevant PhD or Master’s degree or recognised equivalent,
• Or have completed a subject knowledge enhancement course in chemistry before September 2018
• Enrol on a university-led or school-led (fee based, non-salaried) Chemistry ITT course in England for the 2018/19 academic year
• Meet the bursary eligibility criteria as set out in the National College for Teaching and Leadership’s bursary guidance.
• Be classified as a ‘Home’ student. Refer to the UKCISA website for full details
• Be eligible to draw down a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company
• Have not previously applied for a scholarship in the same academic year
To find out more about our scholarships or apply click "Apply now".
When are the deadlines?
We run a rolling application process, with application deadlines staggered throughout the academic year. Each application deadline is followed by an assessment day for successful candidates. Applications open on 6 November 2017 and close finally on 31 July 2018. Please make sure when you apply that you will be able to attend the corresponding assessment day if you are invited to do so. You will not be able to choose the assessment day that you attend.
The dates are as follows for 2018:
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Competitive International ASAP
£26,091 to £29,694 South West, Cheltenham ASAP
£26,091 to £29,694 South West, Cheltenham, Yorkshire, Scarborough ASAP
£26,091 to £29,694 South West, North West, Cheltenham, Manchester ASAP
£26,091 to £29,694 South West, Cheltenham Ongoing