Risk Assurance Graduate Trainee (Public Sector) - Immediate Start
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
Our specialist public services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, education, housing and charities.
The Public Services team work with:
• Any public entity or entity concerned with providing governmental services.
• Any government body (local or central), NHS entity, not for profit entity education institution (other than for-profit), charity, housing associations, political company, chamber of commerce
The role of a Risk Assurance Trainee is to conduct an independent review of the client’s operations, providing recommendations that are proportional and in line with industry best practice.
As a Risk Assurance Trainee, your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
• Learn how to undertake fieldwork using a range of tools and methods in order to review and provide recommendations on the client’s business operations.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the nature of the clients’ business, industry best practice, and applicable regulations.
• Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients’ staff.
During your second year you will:
- Be able to take ownership for a whole client review.
• Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers.
• Be able to provide assistance to junior team members.
In your final year you will be expected to be responsible for planning internal audit work programmes and delivery of fieldwork, including participating in closing meetings with management. In addition, it is expected that a third year trainee will provide on the job advice, training and supervision of junior staff. This will include acting as a point of contact for both management and clients, ensuring that the work is completed within the stated deadlines.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
• A willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification (CA in Scotland).
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...