Risk and Assurance Graduate (Internal Audit) - Speedy Services
- North West, Warrington, Wigan, Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton
- Apply by:
- 16th July 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we’ve grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a
first class service and helping them to ensure their projects deliver on
time and within budget.
And that’s where you come in!
The Risk and Assurance graduate stream is looking for graduates who could take on a role learning about the importance of risk management and business assurance in the day-to-day operations at Speedy. Developing strong relationships with the whole organisation will be essential to support and advise the business on opportunities for achieving greater efficiency and effectiveness in routine activities. We’ll provide you with all the support and encouragement you need and the development required to succeed.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful as a graduate in the Risk and Assurance stream, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
• High level of trust and integrity
• Ability to remain professional and objective
• Excellent communication skills to support, work and build relationships with internal customers
• Highly motivated and keen to learn all aspects of a role with touch points across the entire business
• Use of initiative and ability to challenge information presented
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
• Customer focused
• Strong people management skills
• Financial and commercial acumen
• Passionate about continual improvement and efficiency
• Innovative and adaptable to new situations
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Strong ability to meet targets and KPI’s
• Flexibility in order to travel where required
• Advanced IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
• To have obtained 2:2 degree or above, ideally in a business related subject
What’s included in the Speedy Graduate Programme?
The Speedy two year graduate development programme runs alongside the role you successfully apply for. This programme enables successful applicants to develop the skills required to progress their career within Speedy and become a fully competent and professional member of the management team. The programme consists of:
• On the job training within your depot / region
• The opportunity to complete a relevant professional qualification
• Completion of Business Experience Modules to understand and learn about all areas of the Speedy business and how they contribute to our success
• Access to Speedy internal learning and development courses
• The provision of an experienced professional mentor from within the Speedy business
• A dedicated graduate manager
In return, Speedy offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 2% pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work, child care vouchers and various other benefits along with our great staff discounts.
If we sound right for you then please apply now by clicking on the ‘apply for this job’ tab at the top of the page.
If you would like to discuss the graduate opportunities detailed above further, please feel free to contact Gillian Roberts, Early Careers Manager on email@example.com or 01942 327853.
About The Company
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Our vision is to become the best in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Sign up for job alerts - its free