Radiation Protection Graduate Programme
About the programme
The team provides a range of radiation protection services to a wide range of clients, advising on and assisting with regulatory compliance and implementation of effective radiological safety programmes. This is achieved through consultations with clients, risk assessment and the preparation of persuasive and authoritative reports.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working with experienced Radiation Protection Consultants and Radiation Protection Advisers to give advice and guidance about the possible hazards of ionising radiation in a wide range of operational and decommissioning applications. This can include advising the company and their customers about legal requirements and making recommendations for design improvements.
The possibilities are many and varied. Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference.
As a radiation protection practitioner, you may need to support:
- compliance with radiation safety regulations
- drafting and implementation of radiation protection policies and procedures
- development and review radiation protection systems
- liaison with management and the workforce (including plant managers, designers and engineers) on matters of radiation safety and legislation
- assessment of radiation risks in the workplace and advice on the design of plant, equipment and waste disposal to ensure safety
- assessment of the impact of releasing radioactive material on the environment
- advice on the safe transport of radioactive materials
- visit companies to provide radiation protection consultancy and write reports based on these visits
- liaison with regulators and other bodies
- identification of training needs.
What you'll need
- A relevant scientific degree, e.g. BSc, or MSc, in a relevant science
- Any kind of postgraduate qualification in this area, such as an MSc or PG (Dip) in Radiological Protection, would be very useful
- To be able to satisfy MOD and ONR security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Babcock International Group Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
Initially was a telephone interview, which lasted 20 minutes. At the assessment centre there was a one on one hour interview. Consisted of 9 competency questions which needed...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :radiation protection graduate programme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Waste and Environmental Management Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, East Midlands, Nationwide, Bristol, Leicester
Summer Analyst Programme
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Graduate Data Product Consultant (Technical Business Analyst) – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Business Development Graduate - Birmingham
£30,000 + Area Allowance
West Midlands, Birmingham