Quality Assurance Executive - 12 month fixed term contract
The Quality Assurance Executive is responsible for the qualitative
review of Property Services files (Help to Buy- Wales and Leaseholder
Scheme) and for adherence to Operating Guidelines and investment
procedures. The role supports the operational team with control and
maintenance of Property Services standard documentation thereby
protecting the Group’s credibility and reputation as a professional fund
Through the file sampling process, and informed by internal audit
findings, post holders are responsible for the identification, design,
implementation and ongoing review of the control environment for
Property Services activity.
The post holder will provide detailed feedback on the qualitative
performance of Property Services staff up to and including Fund Manager
level. In addition, the role requires areas of weakness or vulnerability
in existing investment policies and procedures to be identified and,
working with the Senior Quality Assurance Executive and Compliance
Manager, to be resolved through the development and implementation of
As custodian of best practice regarding Property Services procedures,
the post holder will develop and deliver training and provide ad hoc
guidance to colleagues at all levels across the Property Services team.
The post holder will be responsible for engaging in operational projects with Property Services staff, the technical team and central services staff and ensuring that operational aspects of the Property Services investment process are effectively communicated and incorporated into project work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform pre and post-investment qualitative reviews of Property Services investment files (both paper and electronic), including the builder application process, to ensure adherence to IOGs and Property Services procedures is evidenced effectively and consistently.
- To produce accurate reports of file sampling activity undertaken and maintain accurate, evidence-based records of the findings.
- To report the outcomes of file sampling activity to the relevant colleagues and to the Senior QA Executive and Compliance Manager.
- To participate in monthly review meetings and feedback any recurring findings from File Sampling activity.
- To identify and resolve instances where omissions or inconsistencies are identified on Property Services files.
- To ensure that data quality issues in respect to IT systems are reported and Property files are compiled in a consistent manner and are fit for external review by stakeholders and auditors, thereby safeguarding the Group’s credibility and reputation as an effective and professional fund manager.
- To ensure that Property Services procedures remain fit for purpose through the identification of areas of vulnerability/inefficiency and to work closely with the Senior Quality Assurance Executive and Property Services Team to devise and roll-out new procedures and improvements to existing procedures to maximise efficiency.
- To review the effectiveness of file sampling procedures and to recommend and deliver improvements through liaison with the Senior Quality Assurance Executive and Compliance Manager.
- To support the operational team with the control and maintenance of the full suite of Property Services template documentation.
- To liaise with the support team to ensure that the scheme website is kept up to date with any relevant changes.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure that the implications on the Group of new legislation or other external factors are integrated into operational procedures.
- Provide a centre of excellence for dealing with enquiries from Property Services , in relation to the investment process. Providing advice on best practice and referring investment staff to relevant available Guidance Notes, policy and procedural information.
- Reviewing the learnings from file sampling activity and providing recommendations to the Senior QA Executive, Compliance Manager and the Property Services Managers for procedural change.
Any other task as may be defined by the Senior Quality Assurance Executive to meet the operational needs of the department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Knowledge of data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take a proactive approach and work effectively without supervision.
- Drive and determination to complete work accurately, consistently and to a high standard.
- A comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the funds and the respective investment procedures.
- A logical and enquiring mind and an eye for detail. An ability to think “outside the box” and to present innovative solutions to problems identified.
- An ability to retain detailed information and to demonstrate breadth of view, in order that the implications of procedural change are understood across the business.
- To have an understanding of risk management and be able to apply it to the Property Services schemes.
- An appreciation of the benefits to the Group of having high quality policies and procedures to underpin investment activity.
- Able to manage and organise work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate and influence effectively, challenging for further information where necessary, with all levels of personnel across the Development Bank.
- Experience of working in a financial/numerate or audit/regulated environment
- IT/PC literate and able to use Microsoft Office Packages
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Power BI reporting skills
- An understanding of the obligations on financial services businesses in combating financial crime
- Welsh speaker
Development Bank of Wales
At the heart of our success is our people. Like the businesses we work with, we see our employees as long term investments. We always look to empower our staff to be decision makers and consistently encourage personal and professional development.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :assurance executive fixed contract development bank wales
People who applied for this job also applied for:
2022 Consulting Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Finance Graduate Trainee (Hybrid)
£29,502 to £39,564
London Borough of Barnet
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Starting salary up to £25k
Remote (work from home), North West, Manchester
Programme Delivery Co-Ordinator
Remote (work from home), London
Graduate Management Trainee - Cardiff