QA - Entry Level Information Technology Consultant (DevOps/Cloud)
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Do you love technology? Is building a career important to you? Do you want to join an organisation that is committed to developing you as a person?
QA learning Academy. Where the best technical talent in the world can build careers using technologies that we need for the digital age. To be successful in the opportunity you must be willing to relocate anywhere in the UK as you will be based on our client sites. Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
At QA we run enablement programmes that help our customers become self-sufficient in the development and support of technologies that they invest in. We recruit, train and deploy consultants in the local geography of our customers, therefore empowering our clients to develop and maintain solutions built on their technology platforms. We are able to deploy full scrum teams, technology specialist teams or technology specific augmentation from our pool of hundreds of world leading consultants.
What we offer:
- A free 12 week tailored training programme in the state of the art DevOps domain. This is one of the most forward looking domains in technology, with huge potential.
- Free accommodation in the wonderful MediaCityUK area or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester's newest cosmopolitan technological centre during training.
- The opportunity to gain industry recognised certifications (where applicable).
A day in the life of our consultants:
- As a DevOps engineer we automate the process of continuously integrating and deploying software that is typically hosted in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. DevOps is the new big thing in the development world so you will be at the forefront of this.
- We work in the space between the software developers and the IT operations teams to get the new software operational and usable by the end-user.
- We typically work in agile teams where we deliver working software to our customers in a two-week cycle.
- We will also train you in consultant skills to get you to an excellent professional level ready for working with our clients.
Essential characteristics our consultants need
- A willingness to learn many new skills and technologies
- Candidates MUST be geographically flexible
- A can-do attitude
- Exposure to one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C# or C++.
- A basic knowledge of Linux
- Any relevant qualifications including but not limited to; BTEC,
Diplomas, HND, HNC, Foundation degree Apprenticeship, Bachelor’s Degree
or Master’s Degree. Ideally in a technical subject but we will consider
individuals from a non-technical background if they can demonstrate the
aptitude for learning technology.
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post training (if you are based in London this will increase to £26,500).
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Regular social events that include technical talks and hackathons.
- Continued support in your personal development.
- We are also offering a fully funded Masters in Digital Consulting
(Awarded by Northumbria University) to all eligible employees who will
need to demonstrate a certain level of technical ability and meet desired criteria.
Change your life by clicking on the link below and come and join our family.
QA Values & Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of QA to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free