Purchasing Assistant | Mandarin & English Speaking
- £26000 to £28000 per annum + benefits
- 21st March 2020
- Start date:
- March 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
One Retail Group is an exciting fast growing company that has founded five brands within the home appliance, sports & outdoor and personal care product markets. We are a multi-channel retailer selling via our own ecommerce sites, online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay and supplying products to high street retailers.
We are rapidly expanding, bringing new products to market, exploring new marketplaces and new geographies. We currently sell our products in nine countries and are quickly looking to add more.
The role comprises of the following:
- Making daily phone calls and emails to our many suppliers to oversee our current orders that are in production. This task includes activities such as ensuring production deadlines are met and requesting customs clearance documents.
- Placing repeat orders, negotiating on pricing, and confirming and generating purchase orders.
- Management of product artwork. Communicating between the design team and suppliers, gathering and confirming product specifications, reviewing artwork and ensuring artwork is on time for production.
- Working with our quality control assessors in China to manage pre-shipment inspections and resolving any issues regarding product quality.
- Coordination between suppliers and freight forwarders including dealing with shipment delays, postponements and cancellations.
- Working with our suppliers to ensure all products have the required compliance certifications for their respective sales regions.
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager and finance team in maintaining supplier cash flow and negotiating favourable payment terms.
- Maintaining product and supplier information files to ensure they are up to date
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
Fluent in written and spoken MANDARIN and ENGLISH.
12 months experience in supply chain. Must have placed and managed orders for consumer goods from China.
Eligibility to work in the UK for at least 12 months
Excellent attention to detail. proactive, independent and a self-starter.
Job Location: London
We are Wiser Graduates, an agency that introduces young people to companies that invest in their future.
Sign up for job alerts - its free