Project Management and Project Control Summer Placement 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Project Management & Project Control Summer Placements
Throughout the life cycle of our products, it takes a range of people and skills to design and craft and deliver what we do for our end customer.
One of the most integral roles comes from our Project Management office.
Project Management and Project Control work simultaneously with each other to deliver programmes of work and projects to customers and end users on time, within budget and to the agreed specification.
Working with partners throughout our organisation in a fast paced exciting and changing environment, you will be at the very centre of the project - Collating updates and information from all areas of the business - at all levels - to plan what to do next on a given project.
We have summer placements available in both Project Control and Project Management – through our assessment process we will evaluate your behaviours, knowledge, skills and experience to determine the best scheme/ route for you.
You will help deliver exciting new sophisticated technology and engineering projects, gaining on the job training from experienced professional project managers and project controllers.
- Further develop your analytical skills to define and develop sophisticated plans, maintain work and cost breakdown structures and create a variety of performance reports.
- Learn to adapt your communication style for a variety of business partners - you will work with engineers and other business areas and external customers and project partners.
- Build on your influencing, communication, motivation and team building skills to encourage the wider project teams to meet schedule and cost objectives.
- Gain a broad understanding of the business through hands-on roles.
This varied role will involve;
- Updating project plans
- Preparing cost reports from the project which will be presented to senior management
- Updating Risk Registers.
- Working with metrics to identify and implement improvements in existing reporting methods as well as look at ways to improve the existing process for project planning.
- Identifying and locating project kit at a number of UK sites, travelling to the physical locations where necessary as well as preparing a "how to" guide on the documentation suite required for contracts.
You will gain experience in:
- Fundamental Project Management skills such as communication, time management and organisation
- Supporting senior managers
- Presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Creating and updating Risk Registers
- Programming and risk tools.
These roles are best suited to those studying a Business or Economics type degree with an interest in our products and the technical aspect of the projects we work on.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Studying for a degree in a Business, Economics or Business Management based subject.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 or 12 week placement starting June 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
MBDA UK Limited Interview Reviews
28 July 2017
The initial interview was very much standard, with standard interview questions. Ensure you read the competencies they are looking for before hand, and make sure you come up with...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :project management summer placement mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Spring Insight Programme
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Leadership & Management Scheme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Retail Placement Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Engineering and Science (Nuclear) - Summer Internship
Babcock International Group
South West, Bristol
Industrial Placement Programme
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Commercial Summer Placement 2023
£20,000 pro rata
3MBDA UK Limited
South East, Stevenage