|Location:||East Midlands, Leicester|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Management, Science & Technology|
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our graduate development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Project Engineering Graduate you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company Car (role dependant)
• Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
• Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
•As our ideal Project Engineering Graduate you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
• You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum achievement of a 2:1 classification.
What might my 2 year programme entail?
The role of development Engineer Graduate will be reporting to the Senior Manager - Assets and form part of the team throughout the UK.
The role will be based at Buxton and work with the Project Manager for the Central Region.
Initial training in the first six months of the programme will be to learn about the manufacturing team and what the team expertise covers as well as getting out to our sites and learn about the different product lines and plant.
The role will then move to project managing small parts of ongoing large projects which will increase in responsibility over the rest of the programme.
By the end of the programme you will know:
• How to handle capital projects between £150k and £750k in value and ensure the projects are managed with zero harm, to achieve budget and objectives in a safe and professional manner.
• Develop relationships with key Stakeholders at all levels within the business.
• Through training mentoring and coaching develop the skills to identify opportunities for cost saving in projects and develop innovative solutions.
• Develop the skills to drive forward implementation and ensure compliance with best practice engineering procedures.
• If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Project Engineering Graduate, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
Competitive + Benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive South West, Taunton 10-Oct-2018
Competitive depending on experience London, Central London, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive plus benefits East Midlands, West Midlands ASAP